What's In My Purse?

 

 
I haven't always had the greatest organization system when it comes to my purse. Quite the opposite, actually. Sure, I might have had some idea of how to organize it in the beginning, but then I always ended up just tossing things in there and making a mess. I'm not sure when exactly that changed, but now I won't even buy a purse until I know I'll be able to keep everything organized in it.

I really like the layout of my current purse. It has two small, open pockets on the front side; a zipper pocket on the backside; and the main part of the purse is divided into three sections, two open sections separated by a zippered section. I particularly like the way the main body of the purse is designed because I've always been torn between the convenience of an open purse and the security of a zippered purse. This one is the best of both worlds.

Here's what all I carry with me:


In the small, open pockets on the front, I have a few of the smaller items that I might need to grab quickly. Lock de-icer, my inhaler, lotion, hand sanitizer, and my anxiety medication.


In the zipper pocket on the back side, I keep the things I don't want to get lost in the vast expanse of my purse (a problem I have had far too many times before). Headphones, tums, my pocket knife, my husband's spare car key, a compact mirror, bobby pins, chap-stick, and apparently way more pens than I will ever need. I don't know how all these pens wound up in there, but if I'm ever at an event where multiple people need pens, I think I'm covered.


In the first of the two large openings, I have a bag with my feminine care products, Ice Breakers, tissues, and a device that helps me regulate my breathing if I'm having an anxiety attack. When I'm on the go, this is also the side that I stick my cell phone in.


The only thing that is currently in the second large opening is my umbrella, which I rarely ever use. I mostly utilize this pocket for anything I need to stick in my purse. For example, if I'm bringing a book with me or if someone gives me something while I'm out. The fact that there's not much in this section allows for bulkier items, as well as prevents anything I'm given from getting lost in my purse for all eternity. The only other thing regularly in this section are my keys when I'm on the go.


Lastly, the middle zipper pocket contains my wallet and card holder. My card holder is where I keep all my gift cards, membership/discount cards, and business cards that I accumulate.

And that is my purse. I know there's not a whole lot in each section, but I like that because it keeps things from being overwhelming and it allows me to bring other things with me, if I need to. What do you keep in your purse?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Food Hacks I Learned from TikTok